👍 #908 - How Do I Force the Latest Windows Feature Update?
View Online: https://newsletter.askleo.com/current-newsletter/
Newsletter FAQ & administration
When Windows Update ... Doesn't?
There's patience and there's patience, but sometimes enough is enough!
I'd waited for months to get the latest feature update for Windows 10. Windows Update never decided I was ready. Or worthy. Or whatever.
Fortunately, it's possible to force the issue.
How Do I Force the Latest Windows Feature Update? has the details.
Also this week:
- So many ways to use OneDrive!
- Upgrading Home to Pro? Easy, but there's a catch.
- I say it all the time, here's one way: creating an image backup.
As always, links below.
Elsewhere on the web
Some items I found interesting or useful.
- Someone Just Rick Rolled the Entire City of Dallas With a Massive Floating Qr Code - Remember I was talking about QR codes a couple of weeks ago? Yup.
- US zoo fears teen gorilla's exposure to phones is behind anti-social behavior - Because of course.
- Setting up a password manager isn't as hard as you think - Truth.
- Ukrainian Book Drive: Please Contribute - No, I'm not expecting you to donate (unless you want to), but rather include this as yet another example of the internet as a force for good.
- Privacy Decrypted #8: What are browser and device fingerprinting? - From ProtonMail a good overview of fingerprinting, and how cookies aren't needed to track activity.
Gary and I discuss drones in Ukraine, my somewhat surprising new purchase, Gary's somewhat surprising take on his new purchase, how much RAM do you really need, and more.
Have a great week!
How Do I Force the Latest Windows Feature Update?
When you're impatient and Windows Update just isn't doing the job...
Windows feature updates are supposed to be delivered in a somewhat timely fashion. If not, or if you're just impatient, you can force the issue.
Also This Week on Ask Leo!
Half a Dozen Uses for OneDrive
|OneDrive is a surprisingly powerful service that many people overlook or don't understand. I'll review six ways you can leverage OneDrive.|
Upgrade Home to Pro in Windows 10 or 11
|It's easy to upgrade Windows 10 or Windows 11 Home to Pro. There's just one thing you need.|
How to Create an Image Backup
|Once I've convinced you that image backups are important, your next question is most likely to be "OK, how?" Here's a short-and-sweet answer.|
How Was My Bank Account Hacked When I Did Everything Right?
|Even with all the right things in place, stuff happens. I'll review the additional steps you can take to protect yourself.|
Ask Leo! on YouTube
Subscribe to Ask Leo! on YouTube to get the latest on YouTube.com. Your subscription (and "Likes") help others find Ask Leo!, and the the answers they're looking for.
How Was My Bank Account Hacked When I Did Everything Right?Even with all the right things in place, stuff happens. I'll review the additional steps you can take to protect yourself.
How to Create an Image BackupOnce I've convinced you that an image backup is important, your next question is most likely to be "OK, how?" Here's a short-and-sweet way to create one.
Upgrade Home to Pro in Windows 10 or 11It's easy to upgrade Windows 10 or Windows 11 Home to Pro. There's just one thing you need.
How Do I Force the Latest Windows Feature Update?Windows latest feature updates are supposed to be delivered in a somewhat timely fashion. If not, or if you're just impatient, you can force the issue.
Half a Dozen Uses for OneDriveOneDrive is a surprisingly powerful service that many people overlook or don't understand. I'll review six ways you can leverage OneDrive.
Support Ask Leo!
Here are examples of tips published this week:
- Tip of the Day: Get the Windows Version Quickly
- Tip of the Day: Drive UAC with the Keyboard
- Tip of the Day: Admin in a Keystroke
- Tip of the Day: Plan for the Worst
- Tip of the Day: Back Up Your Password Vault
- Tip of the Day: Run Recuva Even When You Don't Need It
Support Ask Leo! and become a patron for these and other exclusive benefits and discounts!
Other ways to support Ask Leo!.
The Ask Leo! Guide To Staying Safe On The Internet Expanded Edition - Fifth Edition!
Newly updated and revised, with all the latest changes for Windows 10, ransomware, the latest online threats and more.
It's my most important book!
Share Confident Computing!
Share the confidence: forward this (without your unsubscribe link at the bottom) to your friends! They'll thank you! (And so will I!)
Did someone forward this to you?
to get your own copy each week. It's FREE!
Social & more!
Not All News Is Bad - Each day I look for one story in the current news of the day with a positive bent. Just one. And I share it.
HeroicStories Since 1999, HeroicStories brings diverse, international voices to the world ' reminding us that people are good, that individuals and individual action matter. Stories - new and old - are published twice a week.
7 Takeaways - I've resolved to read something of substance each day and identify one idea to "take away". Once a week I post the takeaways I've collected for the week.
leo.notenboom.org - My personal blog. Part writing exercise, part ranting platform, it's where I write about anything and everything and nothing at all.
Newsletter contents Copyright © 2022,
Leo A. Notenboom & Puget Sound Software, LLC.
Ask Leo! is a registered trademark ® of Puget Sound Software, LLC